United Airlines! The airline ends the year with more than two dozen awards for its investments in customer products and services, technology and corporate responsibility.
This year, United invested in virtually every customer touch point, including Wi-Fi availability on more than 370 aircraft, with additional aircraft being outfitted at the rate of one per day; a multi-million-dollar investment in domestic premium-cabin food and beverage service; new economy-cabin meal and snack choices; and personal device entertainment on more than 180 airplanes.
They won plenty of awards from several prestigious travel publications...
- 2014 Airline of the Year – Global Traveler
- Best North American Airline for International Travel – Premier Traveler
- Best Airline in North America – Irish Travel Industry Awards
- Best North American Airline Serving the Middle East – Business Traveller (Middle East)
- Best North American Airline – Business Traveller (China)
- Best North American Airline – Business Traveller (Asia-Pacific)
- Best Trans-Atlantic Airline – Scottish Passenger Agents' Association Travel Awards
- Best Service Airline Award – Incheon International Airport
- Best Frequent-Flyer Program (11th straight year) – Global Traveler readers
- Best Frequent-Flyer Bonus Program – Global Traveler readers
- Best Credit Card and Best Credit Card Rewards Program, for the United MileagePlus Club Card – Global Traveler readers
- Best Frequent-Flyer Affinity Credit Card Redemptions, for the United MileagePlus Explorer Card – Global Traveler readers
- Best Domestic Frequent-Flyer Program – Premier Traveler
- Best Airline Credit Card Rewards Program in the World – Premier Traveler
- Globerunner Best Airline in the Americas Award – Frequent Business Traveler
- CIO 100 winner for mobile technology – CIO Magazine
- Most Innovative Award – Shanghai Daily