Mother's Day was first celebrated in 1908, when Anna Jarvis held a memorial for her mother in Grafton, West Virginia. She then began a campaign to make "Mother's Day" a recognized holiday in the United States. Mother's Day was adopted by other countries and it is now celebrated all over the world. Many celebrations of mothers and motherhood have occurred throughout the world over thousands of years, such as the Greek cult to Cybele, the Roman festival of Hilaria, or the Christian Mothering Sunday celebration.Today... celebrate your Mother wherever she is.
To All The Mother's Around The World...
Share this article:
More From LATF USA
- Alicia Keys Returns To The Apollo To Perform One Night Only Special For SiriusXM And Pandora
- Ed Sheeran Celebrates The Release of '=' With Special Apple Music "First Listen" Live-Stream Celebration
- This Company Built The Largest Drive-In LED Screen
- SOUL Train Awards Presented By BET Returns 11/20 From The World Famous Apollo
- Fragrance Spotlight: Zoha & The History of Oil Perfumes
- The World According to Jeff Goldblum Debuts on Disney+
- New Music Friday: Paige King Johnson, Sam Fischer, Goodboy Noah, Steve Conte, Al Staehely, Avi Mack, Eric Nam
- Weekly Top Ten
- Pfizer & BioNTech Announce Booster Dose Phase 3 Trial
- DC Shoe Company Pays Homage To Black Sabbath