The American Red Cross Los Angeles Region has re-opened its evacuation point at Santa Anita Park (285 West Huntington Dr. Arcadia, CA 91007) for those affected by the Bobcat Fire near Arcadia and Monrovia. Residents can access the evacuation point at Santa Anita Park via the Gate 5 entrance on Huntington Drive.
As the Bobcat Fire grows to more than 31,000 acres and threatens the more than 250 homes of communities nearby, such as Arcadia, the evacuation point was re-opened to help those needing lodging assistance and refuge. Partnerships have been established with local businesses to make sure every resident has safe lodging and food.
Volunteers will be providing water, snacks and COVID-19 safety resources. In addition, the Red Cross is following all CDC and Department of Public Health guidelines and is providing all services while maintaining COVID-19 safety protocols. This includes wearing masks, social distancing, temperature checks and frequent sanitizations.
For those seeking refuge, please bring your emergency kit and any supplies you need to help make yourself feel comfortable and safe, such as medication and pet food.
- Listen to local radio and television stations for updated emergency information.
- Check emergency kit and replenish any items missing or in short supply. Keep it nearby. Add masks, hand sanitizer and gloves to your kit as well to protect you from COVID-19.
- If you have time, take photos and videos of the inside and outside of your home.
- Be prepared to evacuate at a moment's notice. You don't have to wait for an official evacuation order. If you feel threatened, be sure that you leave with time to spare.
- Confine all pets to one room so you can quickly and easily take them and go if you need to evacuate. Keep pets on leashes or in carriers, as they can scare easily and run away during disasters like this one.
- Back your car into the driveway for a safer and more efficient way out. Park in an open space facing the direction of escape. Make sure you have at least a half a tank of gas.
- Keep indoor air clean by closing windows and doors to prevent outside smoke from getting in.
- Visit redcross.org or download the free Red Cross Emergency App for more preparedness tips and safety checklists, localizable alerts, shelter locator and more.