As many countries all over the world are experiencing a shortage of hand sanitizer, Healthline has a recipe to make your own at home.
What you'll need:
- 3/4 cup of isopropyl or rubbing alcohol (99 percent)
- 1/4 cup of aloe vera gel (to help keep your hands smooth and to counteract the harshness of alcohol)
- 10 drops of essential oil, such as lavender oil, or you can use lemon juice instead
Pour all ingredients into a bowl, ideally one with a pouring spout like a glass measuring container.
Mix with a spoon and then beat with a whisk to turn the sanitizer into a gel.
Pour the ingredients into an empty bottle for easy use, and label it “hand sanitizer.”
Jagdish Khubchandani, PhD, associate professor of health science at Ball State University, shared a similar formula.
His hand sanitizer formula combines:
- two parts isopropyl alcohol or ethanol (91 percent to 99 percent alcohol)
- one part aloe vera
- a few drops of clove, eucalyptus, peppermint, or other essential oil.
Checkout the original article on www.healthline.com