On Tuesday, November 17th, Los Angeles County Department of Public Health (Public Health) confirmed 25 new deaths and 2,301 new cases of COVID-19. To date, Public Health identified 344,523 positive cases of COVID-19 across all areas of L.A. County and a total of 7,299 deaths.
With the surge of cases, Los Angeles County announced new restrictions and health guidelines to go into effect on Friday.
- Restaurants, breweries, wineries, bars and all other non-essential retail establishments must close from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Outdoor gatherings will be limited to a maximum of 15 people for three households. The county's previous guidance limited gatherings to three households but there was no limit on the number of attendees.
- A 50% capacity limit will also be imposed on restaurants with outdoor service, while personal care businesses and offices will be required to limit their capacity to 25%.
- According to the county's new guidelines, advance appointments will be mandatory at nail salons and other personal care establishments. Any services that require the customer to remove their face covering will not be allowed.
- Outdoor capacity will be limited to 50% for cardrooms, outdoor mini-golf, go-karts and batting cages.
For more resources regarding testing and updates visit: http://publichealth.lacounty.gov/
There are 1,126 people with COVID-19 currently hospitalized and 27% of these people are in the ICU. The County has not experienced the number of daily COVID-19 hospitalizations over 1,100 since late-August. This is more than a 40% increase from two week ago when daily hospitalizations were 798.
Testing results are available for more than 3,420,000 individuals with 9% of all people testing positive.
The Reopening Protocols, COVID-19 Surveillance Interactive Dashboard, Roadmap to Recovery, Recovery Dashboard, and additional things you can do to protect yourself, your family and your community are on the Public Health website,
Please see additional information below:
Laboratory Confirmed Total Cases 344523
- Los Angeles County (excl. LB and Pas) 327094
- Long Beach 14330
- Pasadena 3099
- Los Angeles County (excl. LB and Pas) 6904
- Long Beach 266
- Pasadena 129
Age Group (Los Angeles County Cases Only-excl LB and Pas)
- 0 to 4: 5931
- 5 to 11: 12751
- 12 to 17: 15696
- 18 to 29: 81639
- 30 to 49: 111644
- 50 to 64: 62300
- 65 to 79: 24435
- over 80: 10605
- Under Investigation 2093
Gender (Los Angeles County Cases Only-excl LB and Pas)
- Female: 165318
- Male: 157922
- Other: 177
- Under Investigation 3677
Race/Ethnicity (Los Angeles County Cases Only-excl LB and Pas)
- American Indian/Alaska Native 316
- Asian: 10473
- Black: 10113
- Hispanic/Latino: 129999
- Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander: 967
- White: 28990
- Other: 32876
- Under Investigation: 113360
- Hospitalized (Ever) 26532
Deaths Race/Ethnicity (Los Angeles County Cases Only-excl LB and Pas)
- American Indian/Alaska Native: 17
- Asian: 975
- Black: 653
- Hispanic/Latino: 3567
- Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander: 20
- White: 1609
- Other: 45
- Under Investigation: 18