It was New York Fashion Week (Women's) this week! The makeup artist Diane Kendal created a strong “blacquer eye” for the Marc Jacobs Spring/Summer 2018 collection. See how you can get that bold look...
“Blacquer eye” features layered black formulas in different variations of a winged eye, based on individual eye shape. The rest of the look is focused on fresh, luminous skin and natural, nude lips to compliment the clothing and hair styles this season.
For the eyes: the Blacquer Eye
• Marc Jacobs Beauty fineliner ultra-skinny gel eye crayon eyeliner in blacquer
• Marc Jacobs Beauty highliner gel eye crayon eyeliner in blacquer 42
• Marc Jacobs Beauty magic marc’er precision pen waterproof liquid eyeliner in blacquer
• Marc Jacobs Beauty velvet noir major volume mascara
For the skin: luminous, dewy skin
• Marc Jacobs Beauty under(cover) perfecting coconut face primer
• Marc Jacobs Beauty genius gel super-charged oil-free foundation
• Marc Jacobs Beauty dew drops coconut gel highlighter
• Marc Jacobs Beauty re(cover) perfecting coconut setting mist
For the lips: natural lips
• Marc Jacobs Beauty lip lock moisture balm
• Marc Jacobs Beauty le marc liquid lip crème in slow burn 458
The designer considers makeup and nails to be essential components of great style.
The manicurist Jin Soon Choi designed fresh manicures and pedicures in a variety of 6 new polishes in nude, pink, coral, red shades, as well as one of marc’s favorite black shades. For the manicures, the look was perfectly imperfect by starting polish application slightly above the cuticle.
For the nails:
• hello, dahlia! (new)
• fanta-stic (new)
• coral fixation (new)
• glow business (new)
• somewhere. (new)
• poppytart (new)
• blacquer (deepest, shiniest black)