Every March 26th is National Spinach Day! There has to be a reason why Popeye liked Spinach SO MUCH! This leafy green vegetable is very good for you.
What are the benefits?
- One of the best sources of iron.
- An excellent source of calcium, folic acid, fiber, protein, calcium and vitamins A, C and K.
- Is loaded with cancer-fighting antioxidants
- Believed to help improve cardiovascular and gastrointestinal health.
On National Spinach Day you can spice up a home made pizza with some fresh or sauteed spinach, or try https://www.pictsweetfarms.com delicious Creamed Spinach recipe below:
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 (12 oz.) package frozen Pictsweet Farms Cut Leaf Spinach
- 1/2 cup light cream
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
WHAT TO DO:
- Place spinach in a saucepan, cover with water, and bring to a boil.
- Boil for 3 minutes, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 4 minutes.
- Drain well.
- In a saucepan, combine remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly until smooth.
- Reduce heat, stir in spinach and cook mixture another 5 minutes, stirring frequently.