It came as no surprise that "Beauty and the Beast" broke box office records this weekend. With an estimated $180 million internationally & $170 million in North America, Disney's latest live action adaptation global opening landed at $350 million for second best March debut of all-time both globally and internationally.
Notably, China opened to an estimated $44.8 million, making it the biggest ever Disney live-action opening weekend of all-time.
1. Beauty And The Beast - Disney - $170.0M
2. Kong: Skull Island - Warner Bros. - $28.9M
3. Logan - 20th Century Fox - $17.5M
4. Get Out - Universal - $13.2M
5. The Shack - Lionsgate - $6.1M
6. The Lego Batman Movie - Warner Bros. - $4.7M
7. The Belko Experiment – OTL Releasing - $4.1M
8. Hidden Figures - 20th Century Fox - $1.5M
9. John Wick: Chapter Two - Lionsgate - $1.2M
10. Before I Fall - Open Road - $1.0M