M. Night Shyamalan's Split continues its strong showing at the box office, topping the list for a second consecutive week. Rings places second in its opening weekend.
According to comScore, Jackie Chan led the global box office in the action adventure romp Kung Fu Yoga that took in an impressive $51.4 million in 12 international territories and has earned $178.1 million to date. Second place goes to China-based title Journey To The West: Demons Strike Back with $35.3 million this weekend and $202 million thus far as it plays in 9 territories followed by the Chinese drama Duckweed with $29.5 million to land in the third spot.
- Split - Universal - $14.6M
- Rings - Paramount - $13.0M
- A Dog's Purpose - Universal - $10.8M
- Hidden Figures - 20th Century Fox - $10.1M
- La La Land - Lionsgate - $7.5M
- Resident Evil: The Final Chapter - Sony - $4.5M
- Sing - Universal - $4.1M
- Lion - The Weinstein Company - $4.0M
- The Space Between Us - STX Entertainment - $3.8M
- xXx: The Return Of Xander Cage - Paramount - $3.7M
*Domestic box office results