The Lego Batman Movietopped the box office for a second consecutive week. In second place, 50 Shades Darker continued its impressive showing and The Great Wallplaced third in its opening weekend.
According to comScore's Senior Media Analyst Paul Dergarabedian: "Universal's Fifty Shades Darker dominates the global box office once again this week with an impressive $64.7 million worldwide, with over $43.7 million generated in 59 international territories and $276.9 million to date. The Lego Batman Movie from Warner Bros also had a strong second weekend piecing together a $55.7 million performance and is now at $170.8 million worldwide. Universal's The Great Wall opened in North America this weekend and has now banked $262.7 million at the global box office."
- The Lego Batman Movie - Warner Bros. - $34.2M
- Fifty Shades Darker - Universal - $21.0M
- The Great Wall - Universal - $18.1M
- John Wick: Chapter Two - Lionsgate - $16.5M
- Fist Fight - Warner Bros. - $12.0M
- Hidden Figures - 20th Century Fox - $7.1M
- Split - Universal - $7.0M
- A Dog's Purpose - Universal - $5.6M
- La La Land - Lionsgate - $4.5M
- A Cure For Wellness - 20th Century Fox - $4.2M
- Lion - The Weinstein Company - $4.1M
- Rings - Paramount - $2.2M
*Domestic box office results