In only its first weekend, Jordan Peele's Get Out has already turned a profit. With a shoestring $4.5 million budget, the horror flick scored a $30.5 start and the number one spot at the box office. The Lego Batman Movie finished second at $19 million after two weeks on top.
According to comScore's Senior Media Analyst Paul Dergarabedian: "Sony's Resident Evil: The Final Chapter has a massive debut in China with an opening weekend gross of $94.3 million as this sixth installment of the franchise re-takes the number one spot at the international box office with a weekend gross of $97 million from 21,200 plus screens in 51 total markets."
- Get Out - Universal - $30.5M
- The Lego Batman Movie - Warner Bros. - $19.0M
- John Wick: Chapter Two - Lionsgate - $9.0M
- The Great Wall - Universal - $8.7M
- Fifty Shades Darker - Universal - $7.7M
- Fist Fight - Warner Bros. - $6.4M
- Hidden Figures - 20th Century Fox - $5.9M
- La La Land - Lionsgate - $4.6M
- Split - Universal - $4.1M
- Lion - The Weinstein Company - $3.8M
*Domestic box office results