This is one World Series that has a great chance to live up to the hype. The Houston Astros will play the Los Angeles Dodgers -- the first showdown of 100-win teams since the Baltimore Orioles and Cincinnati Reds met in 1970. The Astros were established in 1962 and have never won a World Series, so as recovery efforts in Houston continue after the devastation of Hurricane Harvey, you know what this would mean to the city. The Dodgers have a storied history but are finally in the World Series again after 29 years. We have two exciting teams with superstar power. The Series begins Tuesday at Dodger Stadium.
Dodgers vs. Astros In Star-Studded World Series
Share this article:
More From LATF USA
- Box Office: Marvel's 'Black Panther' Is 5th Highest Global Opening Ever
- 2018 BAFTA Awards: And The Winners Are...
- Recipe: Almond Cookies For The Chinese New Year
- Weekly Top Ten Chart
- Movie Review: 'Black Panther' Rules the Marvel Cinematic Universe
- 17 Killed In Parkland, Florida School Shooting Tragedy
- What's The History of Mardi Gras? How Do You Celebrate?
- Winter Olympics: USA's Jamie Anderson Wins Gold In Snowboard Slopestyle
- Box Office: 'Fifty Shades Freed' Wins Pre-Valentine's Week
- Steven Tyler, Heaven & Earth To Perform At LA Police Memorial Foundation Benefit
Popular on LATF USA
WildAid Gala Raises An Impressive Record $2.9 Million To Protect Endangered Species & Marine Habitats
AFI Fest Movie Review: ‘Mudbound’ is a Southern Set Masterpiece
How To Makeover Your Car With MAACO
Review: Sperry 7 SEAS Shoes Are Key For Summer Adventures
Céline Dion Adds Dates To Las Vegas Residency Due To High Demand
AFI Fest Movie Review: ‘The Disaster Artist’ Superbly Celebrates An Accidental Masterpiece
Copper Chef Delights On National French Fry Day!
Latin Recording Academy To Honor Alejandro Sanz, Camila Cabello To Perform
Trailer Spotlight: Evan Peters Stars In 'The Pirates Of Somalia'
Roger Teeter Has His Hang Ups; And They’re Pretty Good