Taraji P. Henson slayed on the Emmys red carpet last night. In a show-stopping sunshine yellow dress by Vera Wang and styled by our 2017 Hollywood Beauty Awards stylist nominee, all eyes were on the fierce “Empire” actress.
To get Taraji’s makeup look, makeup artist Ashunta Sheriff breaks it down for us:
- I prep her skin by using DERMAFLASH, which allows me to get the highest level of exfoliation plus remove unwanted peach fuzz so skin care products work ten times better.
- I used Kate Somerville Goat Milk De-Puffing Eye Balm to decrease puffiness and hydrate eyes. Then I used the brand’s DermalQuench Liquid Lift and Quench Oil Free Hydrating Face Serum. Both of these products work together to plump, hydrate and give skin that superior radiant glow.
- I applied Dior Airflash CC Primer to create an even canvas for makeup application. I love that is also has a radiance booster.
- Next, I used Perfect Blend by Ashunta Sheriff in Tan to create a natural, glowing, contoured and lifted canvas.
- I set her makeup with Milani Prep + Set + Glow Transparent Face Powder using a MAC powder brush.
- For eyes I wanted a soft rose glow affect so I used Taraji's MAC Collection Highlight The Truth on the lid just tapping with my finger and using a MAC 266 angle brush on lower lash line for a soft smokey affect.
- Then I added Taraji Glow, a coppery gold highlight in corner of the eyes and center of eyes so they popped.
- I added Penultimate Eye Liner from Taraji's MAC collection to give a tight precise line on the top lash line and then added two coats on top and bottom lashes with Haute and Naughty Tooo Black Lash Mascara.
- For cheeks I used Highlight The Truth from Taraji's MAC collection on cheekbones and then followed up with Taraji Glow for highlight.
- I lined lips with MAC Cork Lip Liner then added Strip Me Down Matte Lipstick, a gorgeous nutty nude color. I added a soft pink gloss only in the center of the lips from Dior called Jersey Pink Addict Collection.
- I finished the look with MAC Prep + Prime Fix+ and I added Caudalie Divine Oil on her body along with Kate Somerville Quench Oil for the ultimate body glow.