Celebrity hairstylist, Tarryn Feldman shared some hairstyling secrets from her looks on the stars at the Academy of Country Music Awards on Sunday night!
Jana Kramer's look:
Products used: T3 Featherweight Luxe 2i Dryer, T3 BodyWaver 1.75” Styling Iron and T3 2.5” Anti-Gravity brush.
1. To begin, I prepped the hair with Oribe Volumizing Spray and then lightly misted R + Co Strong Hold Spray.
2. Next, I sectioned hair into 4 pieces and dried the hair with the T3 2.5” Anti-Gravity Round Brush and the T3 Featherweight Luxe 2i Dryer.
3. After her hair was completely dry, I sectioned the hair into 4 pieces and used the T3 BodyWaver to curl hair away from the face.
4. Once I finished curling, I sprayed Oribe texturizing spray at the root and teased to create volume. 5. In order to create more texture, I brushed out the curl and teased the wave. To finish, I sprayed with Kevin Murphy Doo Over and R + Co Strong Hold Spray to hold the look.
Maddie & Tae's look:
Products used: T3 Whirl Convertible
1. To begin, I started with dry hair and teased the crown of the head.
2. Next, I divided hair into 6 horizontal sections down the back of head and secured each section into a pony. To add texture, I used the T3 Whirl Convertible iron on each pony. EXPERT TIP: Use a texture gel to smooth hair back to secure the hair tightly into each pony
3. I then created a ‘topsy tail’ on top 4 sections. Typically when creating a “topsy tail,” you make a space behind the elastic and pull the pony through. However with this look, I did not pull the hair all the way through, creating small bun on the top 4 ponies.
4. I used the remainder of the pony from the small buns to wrap around the base of hair elastic and weave through the actual bun; securing with bobby pins. 5. I teased the 5th and bottom pony and added knots all the way down. To finish, I tied off with hair elastic at the bottom and spritzed with light hairspray.
Products used: T3 Featherweight Luxe 2i and T3 SinglePass 2
1. Starting with wet hair, I added shine cream and used the T3 Featherweight Luxe 2i Dryer to blow out the hair. I then sectioned the hair into 4 parts and flat ironed each section using the T3 SinglePass 2.
2. Next, I had her flip her hair over so her head was upside down. I then divided the bottom into 3 sections from the nape of the neck to the crown of the head.
3. Then, I created a Dutch braid using the 3 sections, braiding up the head from the nape to the crown.
4. I teased the remaining hair using Oribe Texturizing spray and then secured into a high pony (including the three braids!)
5. Then, I wrapped and knotted the high pony into a topknot and secured with an elastic and bobby pins. EXPERT TIP: Pull on the braids to make them bigger and add more texture.
6. I finished by pulling out sidepieces in front of the ears and spritzing with hairspray.