Are we surprised? The norm when there is a new animated/live animation film released... it rises to the top of the box office for one or two weeks, if not more. Therefore, 'Batman V Superman' continues to fall to fourth place as 'The Jungle Book' hits #1 in its first week.
comscore reports that Disney made it rumble in the jungle at the global box office this weekend as 'The Jungle Book' earned an amazing $240 million, including $103.6 million in its number one North America debut, making it the second largest April opening in history and the highest April opening for a PG-rated release.
- The Jungle Book - Disney - $103.6M
- Barbershop: The Next Cut - Warner Bros. - $20.2M
- The Boss - Universal - $10.2M
- Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice - Warner Bros. - $9.0M
- Zootopia - Disney - $8.2M
- Criminal - Lionsgate - $5.8M
- My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 - Universal - $3.3M
- Miracles From Heaven - Sony - $1.9M
- God's Not Dead 2 - Pure Flix - $1.7M
- Eye In The Sky - Bleecker Street - $1.6M