According to comScore, a strong box office force was felt around the world as Disney's 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' opened at #1 in all markets for a massive worldwide weekend debut of $290.5 million that included $135.5 million in 54 international territories and $155 million from North America.
Notably, 'The Great Wall' starring Matt Damon and directed by visionary filmmaker Zhang Yimou was a hit in China having earned in excess of $60 million & marks his first English-language production and the largest film ever shot entirely in China.
1. Rogue One: A Star Wars Story - Disney - $155.0M
2. Moana - Disney - $11.7M
3. Office Christmas Party - Paramount - $8.4M
4. Collateral Beauty - Warner Bros. - $7.0M
5. Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them - Warner Bros. - $5.0M
6. Manchester By The Sea - Roadside Attractions - $4.2M
7. La La Land - Lionsgate - $4.0M
8. Arrival - Paramount - $2.8M
9. Doctor Strange - Disney - $2.0M
10. Nocturnal Animals - Focus Features - $1.4M