Warner Bros.' wizarding universe of 'Harry Potter' expanded as J.K. Rowling's 'Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them' took in a spectacular $143.3 million internationally this weekend on over 24,000 screens in 63 markets.
This plus an impressive number one North American debut of $75 million brings the global opening weekend total to $218.3 million.
1. Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them - Warner Bros. - $75.0M
2. Doctor Strange - Disney - $17.7M
3. Trolls - 20th Century Fox - $17.5M
4. Arrival - Paramount - $11.8M
5. Almost Christmas - Universal - $7.0M
6. Hacksaw Ridge - Lionsgate - $6.8M
7. The Edge Of Seventeen - STX Entertainment - $4.8M
8. Bleed For This - Open Road - $2.4M
9. The Accountant - Warner Bros. - $2.1M
10. Shut In - EuropaCorp - $1.6M