Breast cancer now represents one in four of all cancers in women worldwide and touches lives every day. While experiences with the disease may vary, the desire to defeat breast cancer is universal. This year, in honor of a shared vision for a world without this disease, The Estée Lauder Companies’ Breast Cancer Awareness (BCA) Campaign celebrates the power of global solidarity by encouraging people around the world to “Take Action Together to Defeat Breast Cancer.” The 2016 BCA Campaign invites women, men and families to draw inspiration from one another and unite in action on BCAcampaign.com and social media, while supporting lifesaving breast cancer research.
Over the past two decades, The Estée Lauder Companies’ BCA Campaign, launched by the late Evelyn H. Lauder, co-creator of the Pink Ribbon and founder of the Breast Cancer Research Foundation® (BCRF), has been a leading voice for breast cancer awareness around the world, igniting a global movement that has helped save millions of lives and fund innovative breast cancer research. Today, The BCA Campaign is active in more than 70 countries and has raised more than $65 million to support global research, education and medical services, with more than $50 million funding 200 BCRF medical research grants worldwide over the past 22 years. These funds help accelerate critical research across wide-ranging areas such as tumor biology, heredity and ethnicity, lifestyle and prevention, treatment, survivorship and metastasis. Around the world, The BCA Campaign partners with more than 60 breast cancer organizations focused on breast cancer research, education and medical services. This year, The BCA Campaign is committed to raising $6 million in support of its mission to defeat breast cancer through education and medical research.
Beginning September 30, 2016, the global BCA Campaign will:
- Bring awareness to the importance of breast health globally by distributing educational brochures and millions of Pink Ribbons at The Estée Lauder Companies’ brand counters worldwide, as well as through BCAcampaign.com and social media @BCAcampaign
- Unite a variety of key partners and influencers worldwide to demonstrate the power of taking action together and encourage others to make a difference
- Galvanize The Estée Lauder Companies’ employees around the world to participate in walks, fundraisers, auctions, concerts and other events to benefit BCRF and local breast cancer charities
- Host a variety of workshops, seminars and trainings to raise awareness of breast cancer and early prevention
- Provide people around the world with a range of meaningful, impactful content on BCAcampaign.com that encourages them to take action in the fight against breast cancer throughout the year and offer opportunities to continue the conversation on social media
- Illuminate buildings, monuments and landmarks worldwide in glowing pink lights to raise awareness of breast health and empower people around the world to take action to defeat breast cancer; in New York, the iconic Pink Ribbon will scroll across the mast of the Empire State Building, which will be lit in brilliant pink.
- Kick off Breast Cancer Awareness Month by engaging BCA Campaign spokespeople at key events worldwide that spotlight the power of taking action together. On September 30, Elizabeth Hurley, Global Ambassador for The BCA Campaign, will ring The New York Stock Exchange Closing Bell®, joined by inspiring employees of The Estée Lauder Companies who are taking action to defeat breast cancer in a variety of ways.
- Offer Pink Ribbon Products globally through many of The Estée Lauder Companies’ sought-after beauty brands to raise awareness and funds
To participate in The 2016 BCA Campaign, visit BCAcampaign.com and follow on social media @BCAcampaign and #BCAstrength. Together, our actions can bring us closer to a world without breast cancer.