Truly Napa Valley, The Experience Guide is a new iPad app showcasing extraordinary things to do in Napa Valley. Created by a full-time traveler, Truly Napa Valley features full-screen photography, engaging interactivity, up-to-date information and personal tips only an embedded traveler could share. Free of advertising, Truly Napa Valley is a refreshing new kind of guide for Napa Valley.
Wine tasting in Napa Valley often means a crowded, standing-room-only tasting bar. With Truly Napa Valley, travelers will discover wineries that offer something more, including incredible vistas, magnificent estates, ATV vineyard tours, eclectic art collections or just a down-home kitchen table. Dog-friendly and picnic-friendly wineries are easily identified and users can record and share their personal tasting notes at each winery.
Truly Napa Valleyalso includes scenic back roads, charming downtowns, trails, entertainment and world-class restaurants. Outdoor enthusiasts will enjoy trails geared toward dog-walking, biking, hiking and horseback riding. Neophytes will appreciate detailed wine tasting tips and a concise Napa Valley primer. A comprehensive listing of non-wine diversions offer a balance of culture and entertainment.
Written, photographed and designed by Sharon Pieniak, Truly Napa Valley shares experiences new to even some locals. "Traveling and living in an Airstream trailer allows me to really dig in and discover the beauty and unique pulse of a place," Sharon says. "I wanted Truly Napa Valley to feel like you've got a local best friend showing you all the best spots." Sharon includes personal, handwritten notes throughout the app and even Harley, her canine sidekick has a say.
- Maps: embedded custom offline maps and links to online maps
- Wineries: Twenty-nine of Napa Valley's best, both on and off the beaten path, selected based on the experience offered.
- Downtowns: All four of them - Napa, Yountville, St. Helena and Calistoga.
- Eats + Drinks: Over 65 restaurant listings for every budget and taste.
- Scenic Drives: and stops along the way.
- Trails: Easy walks, ambitious climbs, and even secret local swimming holes.
- Non-Wine Diversions: History, entertainment and culture
- Plus: The Art of Wine Tasting, Picnic Tips, The Wine Train, Local Spotlight, A Napa Valley Primer, Local Tips and Famous Quotes.
Only for the iPad, Truly Napa Valley is available in the app store for $4.99. Visit http://www.trulynapa.com