Sometimes you need a little sweet in your bread. Chef John from AllRecipes.com shows us how to enjoy a slice of our homemade banana bread.
What To Get:
2 cupsall-purpose flour
1 teaspoonbaking powder
1 teaspoonbaking soda
3ripe bananas, mashed
1 cupwhite sugar
1/4 teaspoonvanilla extract
1 cupchopped walnuts
1/3 cupsemisweet chocolate chips
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Coat a 9x4-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Whisk flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda together in a bowl.
- Beat butter and sugar with an electric mixer in a large bowl until smooth. Add mashed bananas and beat until combined. Beat eggs into the butter mixture one at a time, fully blending each egg before adding the next. Stir vanilla extract and milk into the mixture.
- Stir chopped walnuts, chocolate chips, and flour mixture into banana mixture until just incorporated.
- Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan. Tap pan on the counter to release any air pockets.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 1 hour 10 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the bread rest in the pan for 15-20 minutes; remove from pan, slice, and serve.