Mother's Day was first celebrated in 1908, when Anna Jarvis held a memorial for her mother in Grafton, West Virginia. She then began a campaign to make "Mother's Day" a recognized holiday in the United States. Mother's Day was adopted by other countries and it is now celebrated all over the world. Many celebrations of mothers and motherhood have occurred throughout the world over thousands of years, such as the Greek cult to Cybele, the Roman festival of Hilaria, or the Christian Mothering Sunday celebration.Today... celebrate your Mother wherever she is.
To All The Mother's Around The World...
Share this article:
More From LATF USA
- Global Superstars Enrique Iglesias & Ricky Martin Co-Headline American Arena Tour
- "Mr. Personality" Lloyd Price Dead At Age 88
- Usher To Host 2021 iHeartRadio Music Awards
- Nick Jonas To Host Billboard Music Awards
- City of Los Angeles Offers 3,295 Emergency Housing Vouchers
- Dan + Shay The (Arena) Tour Set To Return To The Road In 2021
- HULU Scores Untitled Los Angeles Lakers Docuseries From Lakers CEO Jeanie Buss
- NBC Will Not Air The 2022 Golden Globes
- 5 Ways To Boost Your Health This Spring ft. Mucinex Sinus-Max
- 5 Tips To Financial Recovery & Budget Control